Saturday, July 23, 2011

She's Crafty: Solid Perfume Pocket Watch

So I audibly gasped when I saw this tutorial, originally from Aftelier Perfume,was posted up.  The idea of using an old thrift store pocket watch, (or those little cheap ones from too trendy stores) to hold my perfume sounds hellamadwicked awesome, especially as I am known to lose things on a regular basis.  Since I can keep this little sucker handy, I'll be ready with a scent re-up when I'm running from my office to a rendezvous with the SO, and smelling a little OFF from my work day. Not to mention I'm weird about scents.  Ever since I heard that scent is a key component of memory, I want to have my own original thing going, so that my personal mix is completely distinctive and special....(Can you tell I was an only child...??) This tutorial allows me to create my very own scent, and store it in a way that means I can't just misplace it...Although let's not say NEVER...Difficulty: 1/5 Cost:4/5
 
Materials
  • 1 1/2 tsp. jojoba oil (available at whole foods and natural grocery stores)
  • 7 drops frankincense essential oil (you can get some of Mandy’s essential oils here)
  • 7 drops of ylang ylang essential oil
  • 5 drops fresh ginger essential oil
  • 6 drops wild sweet orange essential oil
  • heaping 1/2 tsp. grated beeswax (available here)
  • eyedroppers (available at drug stores)
  • small nonmetal pan for melting wax
  • shot glass or small cup
  • small compact or pillbox for finished perfume
Instructions
1. Pour jojoba oil into the shot glass. Add the drops of all four essential oils to the jojoba oil and stir.
2. Melt the heaping 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the jojoba/perfume blend.
4. Reheat for just 10 seconds, stirring.
5. Immediately pour the mixture into your container.


Images via Design*Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment