Friday, July 22, 2011

GoldenGirl Gadflies: "Of Another Fashion"

Los Angeles Public Library via "Of Another Fashion"
A woman wears pants and wields a gun in the 1920s.
I was listening to NPR and looking through some articles and came across one on Of Another Fashion, a tublr dedicated to being an "alternative archive of the not quite hidden but often ignored fashions histories of US women of color." I would love to interview Minh-Ha T. Pham, who is the creator of the blog...as she is OBVIOUSLY an honorary BrownGirl Gadfly, but, alas, until I get to do so, the NPR profile will have to suffice.  Regardless, the tumblr itself is pretty fly (and I know I plan on submitting some pics of my mother and grandmother), so I encourage you to check it out. Hopefully, with Minh-Ha's permission, I can cross post a few photos here at BGG that really strike me.

-DL






No comments:

Post a Comment